Get A Dental Insurance Quote
- COMPARE PLANS
Deciding on an affordable dental insurance plan for your family can be difficult because of the number available options and the variety of coverages within each plan. In addition, there are important things to consider such as deductibles, maximum annual limitations, waiting periods, and dental networks. Understanding these variations will help you to purchase the plan that best fits your family's needs.
Allow me to explain in greater detail what a few of these items mean:
- Deductible: This is the amount of money that you are responsible for to cover services before your dental insurance begins to pay. Some plans have an ANNUAL deductible that you would need to pay each year, while some plans have a LIFETIME deductible that only needs to be paid once.
- Maximum Annual Limit: This is the most the dental insurance plan would pay towards covered dental services in any one year. This limit applies to each person. Any dental expenses incurred above the Maximum Annual Limit would be the responsibility of that individual.
- Waiting Period: A waiting period refers to the time from when the dental plan goes into effect until certain dental services are covered. For example, if a plan has a 12-month waiting period for an implant, the covered services associated with that implant would not be paid for by the dental insurance until the person needing these services has been on the plan for at least a year.
- Dental Network: A PPO dental plan utilizes specific dentists who are part of a network of dental providers. A list of these dentists is available to help determine if a particular dentist is included in a plan's network. Many dental insurance companies offer both PPO (network) plans as well as Indemnity (no-network) plans. Read more about PPO vs. Indemnity dental plans.
Here at the Dental Insurance Shop, we help you along every step of the way. We gather basic information from you like what dentist you currently see, and if you have any immediate dental needs. With this information, we will advise you as to which dental plan is appropriate to cover any urgent dental needs, as well as help you decide on deductibles, maximum annual limits, and waiting periods.
Recent Blog Posts
- PrimeStar dental insurance plans with immediate coverage now available in most states!
- What are Dental Veneers and does insurance cover them?
- What is the difference between an immediate coverage plan and a plan with no waiting periods?
- Can a cheap dental insurance plan be full coverage?
- Scaling and Root Planing: What is it?
Dental Insurance Quotes
GET QUOTES NOW!